Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Berhenti = Stop ; Beri Laluan = Give Way




I have been feeling like a teenager lately: I'll take the written part of the Malaysian Driving Licence test tomorrow morning. Therefore, I have been practicing the Malaysian driving rules and road signs all evening yesterday... Kindly reminds me of my 16th birthday! Well, might sounds a bit stupid, but driving here makes a hell of a difference compared to France. Beyond the anti conformist reverse British driving, Malaysian people make an intensive use of their honk. And I now understand why: as per the Road Transport Department of Malaysia, it is officially advise to do so in many case: overtaking, entering a bend, passing a cow... What about kindly waving cops?

Edit: I passed :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why on Earth would you pass your malaysian driving License? You have too much money? I can send you my bank account number if you want !

Remi said...

Well, I wanted to upgrade my little motorcycle so I just bought myself a new motorcycle with an engine above what cops could decently tolerate without showing a suitable driving licence! My backshish budget would just explode!
Plus, it takes some responsibility to drive bigger bike like this and I want to make sure I got a real training before playing Easy Rider across SE Asia ;-)
Also, it cost 4 times less in here than in France, and it's transferable, so I guess it's a good deal!

Anonymous said...

PICTURES !!!!!!!!!

Remi said...

Hehe, it will be delivered by saturday. So wait for the week-end and you'll know everything about it.

Just a hint: chopper style ;-)

Anonymous said...

No freaking way. You need to re-do a moustache party!!!!!!!!

Remi said...

Sure! And I will become a proud golden member of the Hard Rock Cafe!

Ok, now let's chug some beers and go get some chicks. (just tryin' to fit in the character)