Thursday, October 12, 2006

Long time no see, huh?

About one year ago I graduated from Ball State University (IN, USA). A former classmate (my former roommate actually) just sent an email to all the alumni last week in order to get back in touch and write a newsletter to know what each one is doing with his life... I am still in touch with a few, but I will really appreciate to get a chance to get back in touch with those I regret not to be anymore! Thank you for this great initiative, Garth!


Only one year ago, and all this seems so far away for me! So many memories suddenly resurfaced. This email relates to a point of my life were I was a heedless student... Not that I am all stressed out now, but the gap between student life and professional life is a huge one. Don't give me wrong, not that I don't like the way it is now, it's just a bit of nostalgia! To be fair, the mood within our class was really positive. I was part of the so called "CICS mafia". I felt more welcome in the USA than in my own country!

This year in was definitely one of the best. First overseas experience, unforgettable travels across Canada, USA, Mexico. North America is so appealing for travels! I also got to met really different and interesting people... When I got back to France for a short while after this year spent in the US, I really felt this was not the place I wanted to be!




Huh!... I gad forgotten how curly my hair gets when I live it for a while...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect there is no point in making fun of your haircut. Way to go buddy. I have the same one, well had. Anyway, I know your feeling, I guess everyone who had been travelling abroad for an extended period of time feels more less the same.
Bottom line? Email will never replace a good ol' beer with friends...

kekure said...

was that really u Remi?LOL

Remi said...

bob and kek: do you wanna see a picture of my hair when I had rasta??