Wednesday, January 31, 2007

David vs. Goliath

Yesterday 30th of January, Micro$oft released its last version of Windows OS: Vista. With a development budget as high as 20 billion USD, and a marketing campaign worth 900 million USD (including fireworks in Paris and many other cities in the world!), Vista is a great symbol of monopolistic capitalism. An expert study has been conducted and according to them Microsoft will force Vista into 80% of the PC on Earth within 3 years...

Well, I'll be part of the 20% rebels because I freshly installed Linux (Mandriva) just yesterday on my laptop :-) In your face, Bill!! What? You don't give a shit about me??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you might know, Vista launch party was a failure in most opf the place. But they still gonna reach those goddam 20%...

Anonymous said...

Do this 20% include the MacOs users ? Cause these powerful and lovely Mac have nothing to do with these damned PC ... Sorry my dear, but we're not playing in the same world !
Hummm, I'm lovin' it !!!

Remi said...

20% is including of every non-Windows OS. MacOS being probably the larger share of those tiny 20%, followed by all the flavors of Linux, and Unix, Sun, FreeBSD, etc...

You're right MacOS is extremely user friendly and convenient. But I'd feel so trapped... Definitely bind to one single manufacturer/OS :-(

Alex Oltean said...

Hey Remi, is that you??? It is cool to find you on these pages, say hi to Marie :-)
very nice pics by the way of you :-)
greetings from Germany, Mainz- Frankfurt! alex

Anonymous said...

Hey Man, It seems that you went with bear style? Unbelievable... Copycat!

Remi said...

Alex >> I'm so surprised and glad to ear from you by mean of this blog!! Long time no see since Muncie... Still in the movie making business? Do you still have access to your former BSU email address?

Bob >> Ya ya, you're right, you are my idol and I do my best to look like you as much as I can...