Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pangkor Island: double shot

I've been to Pangkor Island two week-ends in a row! This Island lays on the West coast, about 200 km North of KL. Unlike the paradise white-sand Islands on the East coast, Pangkor is more developed and the sea is less appealing. However Pangkor offers a nice opportunity to discover the very traditional life of the fishermen, to see women working at drying the fish brought by the men, etc...

The inner jungle offers some nice trekking opportunity, but watch the leeches! I found a bunch of them sucking my blood after a short walk in the rubber trees forest, and I really had a hard time getting them off my feet, and that's really not a nice feeling! (Thanks again Marie, you saved my life, I owe you big time!!)

The atmosphere on Pangkor is very laid back, people are more eager to have a small talk than in KL. There are not many landmarks aside from a typical Taoist temple, but it's still a perfect place close to KL to spend the week-end on the beach :-)








Thnaks Marie for those nice picts!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stealer!

Remi said...

Hmm... Sorry, I forgot to mention: I give you credit, Marie, for those nice pictures shot in Pangkor :-)