Thursday, September 06, 2007

Clic-Clac

I just took my 10,000th picture since I bought my DSLR two years ago!!! This gives a mean shooting rate of 14 pics/day...

That's amazing how digital cameras made photography easier. If you take a look at web galleries, you can notice the growing number of skilled amateurs who really reach nearly professional quality. We are now flooded daily with tons of images via the Web, the TV, the magazines, etc... The level of demand for professionals to differentiate is higher than ever. At the same time, there is a trend to give more credit to those "amateur" pictures and videos in the news. Readers are educated and know the wide range of tools available for the "pros" to manipulate their shoots and change the reality. An "amateur" looking pictures seems more credible I guess.

Anyway, I'm not pretending to be a reporter or an artist, I just enjoy watching pictures I took in places I liked, that's all! And out of 10,000 pictures, how many are worth keeping? Only one out of five since my galleries host nearly 2,000 picts. Indeed, the 10,000th picture itself was not satisfying so it was not a keeper, but the 10,006th was. It's the same frame as the 10,000th, just with better DOF and exposure.



No comments: