Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Abseiling Batu Caves

Since I got into rock climbing, I became adrenalin junky. In order to get my weekly fix, I hit the Batu Caves last weekend for a scary abseil, along with Rachel and Benoit.

The trip involves crawling in a slippery cave, getting covered in bat's shit, sweating in the dense jungle, getting bitten by mosquito, fleeing away from wild dogs, getting sunburn, and riding a motorcycle through the storm with about 30 cm high water flood on the way back home... But it was definitely worth all of this: the well-deserved reward is a scary 100 meters multipitch abseil both along the crag and inside the cave.

Pictures below speak for themselves!







4 comments:

Marie said...

Whereas climbing pics may look like ants on a wall,yours illustrate really well the notion of height and void. Good job! Oh and stunning portraits as well! :-)

Remi said...

Thanks! I'm mad I broke my telephoto though :-(

Anonymous said...

Broken telephoto lens? That's no bueno. But at least the rest was fun. Hehehe.

Jayna

Remi said...

Hi Jayna! Yes, tons of fun! And actually the telephoto lens didn't get broken during that trip, it was just an old crappy Tokina bought two years ago second hand on Ebay... No worries. RIP.